Nov 20th, 2013
Author: Adam Kelly
Adam’s Non Porridge: How to Prepare;
Not exactly a professional photo image but taken at 6am this morning (after I had eaten some!)
Most breakfast cereals are what I would call a lazy mans breakfast, eaten “coz it’s quick and easy and they are too damn lazy to get up 5 mins earlier and cook/prepare something decent.
Now thats its cold outside, the idea of a smoothie or a juice, is not so attractive, as it was in the summer. So is here my preparation instructions for my Non Porridge. I take the liberty to use the word “NON’ to mean, Its not just porridge – it’s much more than that, with the addition of protein and fat, thereby making it a balanced meal, rather than a breakfast snack.
- One cup of Kilbeggan* Organic Porridge oat. 2.5 cups of water. (Note – no milk or creaming agent is needed as the Kilbeggan oats have their own creaminess).
- Soak overnight.
- Add some** raisins or any dried fruit. Add some mixed seeds and nuts.
- Add to high heat till bubbling in a saucepan.
- Turn down the heat to summer .
- Break two organic eggs into the porridge and stir in gently until they disappear!
- Add a small knob of butter and a spoon of honey.
- … and finally – I was lucky to top mine off with some of my wife’s stewed apple and pear.
- Now that’s meal that will keep you satisfied. Enjoy.
- Note – just because you make it once, does not mean to should make and eat it every day! Vary your diet, don’t be a bore!
- Next time, I will share with you my (already famous) recipe for banana pancakes..
If you Like it please “Share it” Literally or Socially with your Network
*I have no vested interest in Kilbeggan, except I met with farmer Lawlor of Kilbeggan Oats, at a trade show and was impressed with his passion for soil.
** You don’t need to measure or weigh exact amounts of the additions/toppings – Experiment for yourself!